Blue-black hair is the infinity stone of hair colors! This hair color has become a huge trend in recent times. There are multiple shades of this color that women love to sport. I have are the 18 best ones.
How To Get Blue Black Hair
1. Bleach Your Hair
- If you have dark hair, you will need to bleach it to get the exact color you want. With dark hair, the dye might not appear the way it would on light hair. So, lighten your hair to get the accurate color. A bleaching kit will come with a set of rules; be sure to follow them accurately.
- If you want highlights or a balayage, then use foils to keep the colored hair from getting mixed with your natural hair.
- If you have any leftover dye in your hair, use a color remover. A color remover takes away the added color pigments, leaving you with your natural hair color.
- Use a deep-cleansing shampoo to help clean your hair from any hair buildup or leftover dye.
- Deep condition your hair. It helps moisturize and nourish your hair.
2. Dye Your Hair
Before you start to dye your hair, remember to protect your skin. Apply some petroleum jelly on the skin closest to your hair. This will prevent your skin from getting stained. Also, use gloves while applying the dye. Wear old clothes as the dye might stain them as well. Last but not the least, make sure you have the right hair color you want. Hair dye comes with a set of instructions, and if you follow them correctly, you should get the desired color. Also, if this is the first time you’re dyeing your hair, make sure to do a patch test first.
- Wash your hair with shampoo; do not use conditioner.
- Mix the dye as per the instructions given on the dye box.
- Apply the dye to your hair as you desire. If you’re applying it all over your hair, remember to start at the ends. Otherwise, your roots will be a different color (unless that is the look you want).
- Coat your hair with the dye section wise, applying it thoroughly.
- Use hair clips to section off the other parts of hair while doing this. If you merely want to highlight your hair, then use foils to keep the colored hair covered and away from your uncolored hair.
- After this, let the dye sit for as long as mentioned on the hair dye pack. Using a shower cap or a plastic cover (material that cannot absorb the dye), cover your dyed hair and leave it. It always helps to have a timer set so you can read or do some other work.
- Rinse your hair with cold water. If the dye pack comes with a shampoo and conditioner, then use that shampoo and conditioner. Otherwise, just rinse the color out until the water runs clear. Some stylists say using a vinegar rinse helps keep the shade on for a longer time. Mix equal portions of water and white vinegar and rinse your hair with it, but don’t overdo it.
- Allow your hair to air dry for best results.
3. How To Maintain Blue-Black Hair
- Wash your hair a maximum of two times a week. The more you wash your hair, the more the color will fade.
- Use shampoos specially made for colored hair or damaged hair as they will help keep your hair nourished.
- When using conditioner, use cold water as it helps lock the moisture from the conditioner into your hair. Colored hair needs more moisture.
- Use a dry shampoo if you feel you need to clean your hair more than twice a week.
- Stay away from heat styling. Heat treatments can make the color fade fast. Try natural ways of curling or straightening your hair.
- Over time, the color will fade. You will need to touch up your hair color after a month or so. Vibrant colors like blue tend to fade as they aren’t permanent, so you will need to color your hair again.
This hair color is very debonair. The color along with the layers make for a stunning hairdo.This mix of blue anld black leaves us wanting more. This is a perfect example of subtle colors making statements.Light blue-black hair looks amazing! Also, have you ever seen blue hair like this one and not stopped to admire it? Deep blues like navy look mesmerizing. This partial deep blue hairstyle is most certainly on my list.
Blue and purple look so good together, why not try it out on your hair? This hairstyle looks completely starry.A mix of colors like electric blue and black-blue look fantastic on just anybody. Try highlights if you are not sure about coloring the entire lot.This remarkable hair color is one for the books. The metallic blue and black colored hair looks elegant.Two is better than one! Why stick to one shade of blue when you can rock both? And let’s be honest, those waves with the blue just remind us of the sea! Simply fabulous!